Interesting Encounters

Mackenzie Bolton

One of best things about this trip was the fact that we got to meet and talk with the actors who we saw in the shows. I loved hearing their thoughts and opinions about the plays that we had spent so much time reading and talking about. It was also a great experience to be able to have an intimate conversation with these actors about their roles. Being able to hear what they had to say really, for me at least, rounded out the whole experience. One the first day of our stay that we might be able to see some of the actors running on the lake, which makes sense considering they live there. I guess I just wasn’t actually expecting to see them.

Sarah and I saw three different actors just doing random stuff around town while we were there and we had the same reaction each time: just look at them and then look at each other and then not say or do anything.

Now, we were told after the fact that we should or could have said something like “great show!” to them and it would not have been weird but we… did not.

First we saw Rodrigo Beilfuss who played Angelo in The Comedy of Errors. Sarah and I were eat Jenn and Larry’s by the lake (please go read her post about Jenn and Larry’s) and we saw him walking with his wife and son. We had already met him at this point for a talk back but we didn’t say anything because both me and Sarah are just too shy.

Then we saw Jacob Skiba who played Jem Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. We were getting lunch in Romeo’s Cafe (they have really good mac and cheese) and he was there with his mom.

Lastly, we saw Jonathan Goad who played Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. He was walking with two of his daughters. I think by far we were the most impressed by Jonathan because he’s kind of a big deal, he’s in the the TV show Reign.

Also we met several actors after The Rocky Horror Show but we actually spoke to them. The moral of this story is, if you see an actor and you were impressed by their performance say something nice to them. Don’t be like Sarah and I.