If you download user submissions and leave feedback within the files, you can upload them back to the appropriate dropbox folder so they appear as attachments to each user’s submission evaluation. To ensure successful feedback upload and distribution back to students, do not rename the downloaded files’ names after you enter feedback and save changes.
Note Internet Explorer 9 and older currently do not support dragging and dropping files from your desktop into Pilot.
Upload feedback files
- Do one of the following:
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click on the folder you want to view submissions for.
- On a folder’s Edit Folder page, click Folder Submissions from the context menu beside the page heading.
- Click Upload Feedback Files.
- You can drag and drop multiple files from your computer or you can click Upload to select them.
Note If you are uploading a compressed zip file that contains dropbox folder submissions you previously downloaded to add feedback (see Downloading dropbox folder submission files), your compressed zip file structure must be identical to the bulk submission download, and file names should remain unchanged. This ensures the automatic distribution process runs smoothly.
- By default, the system overwrites duplicate upload files. Clear the Overwrite duplicate files check box if you want to keep duplicates.
- Click Upload.
- Feedback files that do not automatically distribute display in the Distribute Feedback dialog. Select a file, then click on the student you want to send the feedback to.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Dropbox basics
- Creating and managing Dropbox
- Evaluating dropbox folder submissions
- Viewing dropbox folder file submissions
- Accessing the Evaluate Submission page
- Leaving feedback and grading dropbox submissions
- Evaluating non-submissions and external submissions
- Bulk publishing dropbox feedback evaluations
- Downloading dropbox folder submission files
- Uploading and attaching feedback from downloaded submission files
- Retracting published feedback
- Emailing users from a dropbox folder
- Marking dropbox folder submissions as read or unread
- Flagging dropbox folder submissions
- Using Dropbox GradeMark
- Using Dropbox OriginalityCheck