Metadata is information about a learning resource that you add to the resource to help other users locate it and understand its purpose.
From within a Learning Object Repository (LOR), you can search for learning resources (objects and files) based on their metadata, and you can view an object’s metadata to determine whether it suits your needs before you import it into a course. Depending on your permissions, you can also edit the learning object’s metadata.
The Metadata tool enables you to work with metadata for content modules and topics, course files, and learning objects.
Note If you have permission to view metadata but not to edit it, you will see View Metadata in a content module or topic’s context menu.
What are the basics of Metadata?
- Accessing Metadata
- Metadata interfaces
- Setting metadata interface preferences
- Changing your metadata interface
- Troubleshooting metadata conflicts
- Importing a vCard
How do I add and remove metadata?
- Adding metadata to a resource
- Copying metadata from a course, module, or topic
- Importing and exporting metadata
- Clearing metadata from a resource
- Removing metadata from a resource
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.