You can edit the name of the calculated or adjusted final grade, change whether users’ grades can exceed the max points or weight for the final grade, apply a grade scheme to the final grade, associate an activity with the final grade, or change what grade options display in the grade book for the final grade.
For the final grade you release to users, you can specify whether users can see the class average or grade distribution for the final grade, and set release conditions for when the final grade is visible.
Table of contents
- Edit the calculated or adjusted final grade
- Associate the final grade with an activity
- Editing grade items after users’ grades have been entered
Edit the calculated or adjusted final grade
- On the Manage Grades page, click on the name of the Final Calculated or Final Adjusted grade.
- Update the fields.
- Click Save on each tab you make changes to.
Associate the final grade with an activity
Use the Objectives tab to associate an activity with the final grade.
Editing grade items after users’ grades have been entered
Editing the Max. Points, Weight, Bonus, or Can Exceed fields for a grade item that already has grades entered for it can drastically change users’ recorded achievement. Make sure you consider how grades are affected before you make changes and review and adjust users’ grades afterwards.
- You raise the Max. Points for a grade item from 10 to 20. A user who previously had 10/10 now has a grade of 10/20.
- You lower the Max. Points for a grade item from 12 to 10 when Can Exceed is not selected. A user who previously had 11/12 now has 10/10.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Finding my grades
- Creating a grade book
- Creating grade items and grade book categories
- Managing grade items and grade book categories
- Managing grade schemes
- Managing users’ grades
- Managing final grades
- Accessing the Final Grades page
- Calculating final grades
- Additional options on the Final Grades page
- Editing the calculated or adjusted final grade
- Excluding grade items from the final grade
- Releasing a final grade
- Setting final grade display options for users
- Setting display options for your view of the grade book
- Setting release conditions for the final grade
- Viewing grade statistics
- Changing Grades settings and display options