Create self assessment sections to organize your questions into folders. You can do this in the Question Library or while creating a self assessment. Both of these areas are identical in functionality: one creates folders within the Question Library, while the other creates folders within a self assessment.
You can also import sections from the Question Library directly into a quiz, survey, or self assessment. Importing a section transfers the section folder and any properties associated with the section (section name, messages, images, or feedback). You can still import all of the questions within a section separate from the section itself by creating the section within a self assessment and clicking Add/Edit Questions.
NoteAlthough you can create subsections within sections, we recommend you keep question organization simple and intuitive.
Create a section in Self Assessments
- On the Manage Self Assessments page, click on the self assessment you want to create a section for.
- Click Add/Edit Questions.
- Click New and select Section.
- Enter a Section Name.
- Enter a Message. You can display this message to users at the beginning of the section or repeat it before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Enter Private Comments. These comments are for your personal use and view only.
- You can add an image to the section by clicking Add a File and selecting the image you want to use. You can choose to display this image at the beginning of the section or repeat it before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Set your Display Options:
- show section name Displays the section name in self assessments that contain this section.
- insert a line break after section name Inserts extra space below the section name.
- display message and image
- Select display section message and image once to display these items once at the beginning of the section.
- Select repeat section message and image before each question to repeat both the message and image before each question in the section.
- Click Expand section feedback, then enter feedback and comments.
- Click Save.
NoteManaging self assessment sections (renaming, reordering, publishing, deleting) is similar to managing self assessment questions.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Self Assessments basics
- Using Self Assessments
- Accessing Question Library
- Creating self assessment questions
- Creating self assessments
- Creating self assessment sections
- Editing self assessments
- Copying self assessments
- Previewing self assessments
- Reordering self assessments
- Deleting self assessments
- Creating self assessment categories
- Editing a self assessment category
- Reordering self assessment categories
- Deleting a self assessment category
- Creating random sections in self assessments
- Quicklinking self assessments to course content
- Managing self assessment questions and sections