Holistic rubrics allow you to assess participants’ overall achievement on an activity or item based on a single criteria using predefined achievement levels.
Holistic rubrics may use a percentages or text only scoring method. Percentage holistic rubrics have a percentage range associated with each achievement level, which allows users’ quiz and grade item activities to automatically be assigned an achievement level based on their quiz score or grade. Other activities and ePortfolio items may also be evaluated with percentage holistic rubrics, you just have to manually enter users’ achievement levels.
Create a holistic rubric
- On the Rubrics page, click New Rubric.
- Enter a Name and Description.
- Select a Rubric Status from the drop-down list.
- Select “Holistic” from the Rubric Type drop-down list.
- Select how many achievement levels you want the rubric to have in the Initial # of Levels field.
- Select a Scoring Method.
- Select whether you want the rubric to be associated with Competencies and/or ePortfolio.
- If you are creating a rubric from an org unit above a course in your organization’s hierarchy, such as a department or from the organization level, and want to share it with child org units, click Add Org Units and select the org units to share with.
- Click Save.
Define holistic rubric achievement levels
- On the Rubrics page, click Edit Levels from the context menu of the holistic rubric you want to define achievement levels for.
- Click Edit Levels in the Levels tab.
- You can enter a custom Level Name for each achievement level.
- If you are creating a holistic rubric that uses a percentages scoring method, enter a Start Range. The start range for your lowest achievement level is automatically set to 0%. The start range for other levels should be the lowest percentage acceptable for the level. The highest percentage is determined by the start range for the level above.
- Enter a Description for each level. Achievement level descriptions help evaluators determine which level best reflects a user’s achievement. The more detailed your descriptions are, the more consistent evaluations will be.
- Enter a standard Feedback for each level. Standard feedback appears to users who achieve the level, and it is an easy way to communicate a rubric’s evaluation methodology.
- Click Save.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Rubrics basics
- Understanding Rubrics
- Accessing Rubrics
- Creating holistic rubrics
- Creating analytic rubrics
- Adding rubric achievement levels , criteria, or criteria groups
- Editing rubrics, achievement levels, criteria, or criteria groups
- Managing rubric sharing properties
- Managing rubric status settings
- Copying rubrics
- Reordering rubric achievement levels or criteria
- Deleting rubrics
- Deleting rubric achievement levels, criteria, or criteria groups
- Viewing rubric statistics
- Using Rubrics in Competencies
- Using Rubrics in ePortfolio