Pilot » Content
What are the basics of Content?
- Accessing Content
- Content user interface
- Create Content Modules and Sub-modules
- Upload Content Files to Pilot
- Searching for a module or topic in Content
- Viewing content
- Import/Export/Copy Course Components
- Enabling notifications in Content
- Printing from Content
- Submitting feedback in Content
- Downloading content
- Sending content to a mobile device via Desire2Learn Binder
Use the Content tool to post and organize course content so that information about course expectations, course syllabus, lecture notes, and important dates display to users clearly.
Course materials you post in Content can include documents, images, media files, URL links, and existing course activities. You can add release conditions, grade items, and learning objectives to topics to ensure users navigate through course materials while fulfilling specific course requirements and learning expectations.
You can also monitor class and user progress as students work through course content by setting automatic (determined by the system) or manual (determined by the student) completion tracking.
Accessibility for Students with Disabilities
Although Pilot is accessible to students with disabilities, the content you put into it may not be.
How do I create course content?
- Understanding the organization of Content
- Create modules and sub-modules in Content
- Creating a new topic in Content
- Adding and uploading course files as new Content topics
- Creating and arranging your course content using drag and drop
- HTML Editor
- Using HTML document templates in Content
- Restricted file extensions
- Add Atomic Learning tutorials to Content
How do I manage and update course content?
- Content display settings
- Changing a module or topic status to Draft or Published in Content
- Notifying students about updated course content
- Editing a module or topic’s title in Content
- Bulk editing modules and topics in Content
- Moving or reordering a module or topic in Content
- Deleting modules or topics in Content
- Adding or editing availability and due dates in Content
- Adding or editing release conditions in Content
- Associating topics with learning objectives in Content
- Adding an existing course object (activity) to Content
How do I use SCORM in Content?
- Importing a SCORM package
- Creating and editing a SCORM package
- Removing simple sequencing from a SCORM package
- Viewing SCORM reports on objects and users
How do I track content completion and participation?
- Using completion tracking in Content
- Course content statistics
- Course content feedback
- Viewing class and user progress in Content
- Content basics
- Creating course content
- Managing and updating course content
- Using SCORM in Content
- Tracking content completion and participation
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.