Create group work areas for users with the Groups tool. You can use groups to organize users’ work on projects and assignments, or you can create special work areas for users with different learning needs.
Users can belong to multiple groups within the same course. For example, each user can simultaneously belong to a group for class projects, a group for special interest discussions, and a group for advanced users. Each group can have its own discussion forums, dropbox folders, and locker area to work in. You can grade members of groups individually or as a team.
What are the basics of Groups?
- Accessing Groups
- Things to consider when setting up groups
- Enroll Users page
- Manage/My Groups page
- Group enrollment scenarios
How do I manage groups and group categories?
- Creating a group category
- Creating group restricted discussion areas
- Creating group restricted dropbox folders
- Creating group restricted locker areas
- Creating a group
- Creating a new group after enrolling users
- Advanced properties and additional options when setting up groups
- Editing groups and group categories
- Deleting groups and group categories
How do I manage group enrollments?
- Group enrollment types
- Setting up self-enrollment in groups
- Editing group enrollment in restricted discussion areas
- Enrolling course leaders in groups
- Modifying or adding group enrollment
- Deleting a user from a group
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.