Once a discussion gets going, new posts can come in very quickly. There are a number of places in Pilot that identify new posts to help you keep on top of things:
- The Updates widget on the course homepage lists the total number of unread posts for all discussion topics in your course.
- The number of unread posts appears beneath each topic in the Discussions List. To see only topics with unread posts, click Unread in the Filter by tool navigation.
- All topics that contain unread posts appear bolded if you have the Discussions List pane visible when viewing topics or threads.
- Inside a topic, click Unread in the Filter by tool navigation.
- You can subscribe to specific discussion forums, topics, or threads to receive an email, SMS, or minibar notification whenever there is a new post.
Search for discussion posts
- On the Discussions List page, click on the topic you want to search for posts.
- Enter the terms you want to find in the search field and click the Search icon.
To see all posts again, click the Clear icon in the search field.
Read discussion threads
Click on a topic to display the View Topic page. Then, click on a thread to display all replies to the thread, along with the original post.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.