Pilot Self Assessments
What are the basics of Self Assessments?
Self Assessments is a formative assessment tool that enables you to provide students with a series of questions and immediate feedback for responses. Question types available are similar to quizzes, however, student responses are not graded and self assessment questions do not have a points value or difficulty level indication. The omission of numeric evaluation enables students to make reflective learning and course material comprehension their main priorities during a self assessment.
You can set up self assessments as part of your course’s instructional sequence by creating quicklink topics to self assessments in Content. You can also set up quicklinks to self assessments from other places in the course such as in News or Events.
Each self assessment belongs to a single course and cannot be shared among other courses unless you copy your course material into another course.
How do I use Self Assessments?
- Accessing Question Library
- Creating self assessment questions
- Creating self assessments
- Creating self assessment sections
- Editing self assessments
- Copying self assessments
- Previewing self assessments
- Reordering self assessments
- Deleting self assessments
- Creating self assessment categories
- Editing a self assessment category
- Reordering self assessment categories
- Deleting a self assessment category
- Creating random sections in self assessments
- Quicklinking self assessments to course content
How do I manage self assessment questions and sections?
- Understanding “Question in Use”
- Editing self assessment questions and sections
- Previewing self assessment questions
- Reordering self assessment questions and sections
- Deleting self assessment questions and sections
- Importing self assessment questions
- Publishing questions and sections in Self Assessments to a learning object repository
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.