Add and Impersonate the Demo Student
See your course as students see it. A demo account lets you test your course before it goes live. You can even take quizzes and view grades to make sure everything is configured correctly. Once the class starts, use the demo account to troubleshoot when things don’t behave as you expected.
- Click “Class List” on the course navigation bar and select “Create Demo Account.” The demo student will be created and will appear in your Classlist.
- To impersonate the demo student, click “Classlist” and find the demo account. It’s name starts with “ZZ” so it is usually at the end of the list.
- Cick the arrow to the right of the name and select “Impersonate.“
- Confirm that you want to impersonate the Demo Student.
- The Demo’s name will appear in the box in the upper right corner of your screen. You can now view the course as your students will see it, including taking quizzes and viewing the gradebook.
- When you are finished, click the Demo Student’s name, then click the “X” beneath it to exit impersonation mode and get back to your own role in the course.