Perform chair’s responsibilities including department governance, financial management and budgeting, curriculum and program development, faculty mentoring, and fundraising. One highlight: supported by a Faculty Development grant, together the department developed and implemented a strengths-based model for team building and collaboration.
The DAVE Lab
With the support from the dean, I led the initiative to conceptualize, design, and construct the Data Analytics & Visualization Environment (DAVE) lab. We successfully obtained $600,000 state fund. The lab opened in September 2015.
Returning from my sabbatical with Teradata, I led and contributed to a collection of effort on analytics such as curriculum and program development, student projects, faculty research projects, education and training, and business collaborations for instance sports analytics. We successfully launched Business Analytics concentration in the college in fall 2017.
Data Governance & Institutional Analytics
Serving on the university Data Governance Committee, I work with other representatives to govern, guide, and advise the use of institutional data, promote meaningful use of information, and effective communication of institutional insights.
Beyond my professional work on campus, I serve on the Board of Directors for Technology First, a non-profit organization serving as the hub of the IT experts in the greater Dayton region. In addition, I am an advocate for “Women 4 IT” and promote IT, supply chain, and related career choices to all and especially women.
Academic Leadership – Selected
(more in the Service section)
National Committees and External Board
- Secretary, ICIS Executive Committee, 2012 – present
- Program Co-Chair, AMCIS 2018, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Co-Chair, AIS Task Force on Placement Services, 2016-17
- Conference Committee, ICIS 2011, International Liaison, Shanghai, China
- College of Academic Leadership, Association for Information Systems (AIS), founding member, 2015 – present
- Board of Directors, Technology First, April 2016 – present
Editor, Refereed Academic Journals
- Associate Editor, Information & Management, 2016 – present
- Editorial board member, AIS Transaction on Human-Computer Interaction (THCI), 2012 – present
Leadership Development & Training
- The Wright Leader Academy, 2017-2018, Wright State University
- MIS Academic Leadership Conference, 2016, Georgia State University, November 3-5, 2016
- Disney Institute Leadership Training, Wright State University, July 2016
- Harvard University: Inner Strength Leadership Training, Cambridge, MA, November 2014
- SOCHE Leadership Program and Training, Dayton, OH, 2014-2015
- MIS Academic Leadership Conference, 2014, University of Texas, Austin
- MIS Academic Leadership Conference, 2012, Temple University