Create Likert (LIK) questions to measure subjective information such as personal opinions, knowledge, abilities, and attitudes. Likert questions enable you to create surveys that evaluate the intensity of respondents’ feelings towards statements presented to them.
Seven measurement scales available to Likert questions include:
- One to Five (1 to 5)
- One to Eight (1 to 8)
- Agreement Scale (Disagree–Agree)
- Satisfaction Scale (Dissatisfied–Satisfied)
- Frequency Scale (Never–Always)
- Importance Scale (Unimportant–Important)
- Opposition Scale (Oppose–Support)
You can only access Likert questions through the Surveys tool and the Question Library. Similar to self assessments, all question types you import into surveys will automatically omit points value and difficulty level indicators.
Create a Likert question
- Enter a Title.
- Enter your question’s response instructions in the Introductory Text field.Example “Respond to the following three statements using a scale of Disagree to Agree. Select “N/A” if the statement is not applicable to you.”
- Click Add a File to upload an image to accompany your question. You can enter a description of the image in the Description field.
- Select a measurement Scale.
- Select Include an N/A option to include a “Not Applicable” response option in your scale.
- Enter a statement in each Value field. You can click Add Option and select the number of additional statements you want to include in your LIK question.
- To delete a statement, click the corresponding Remove Entry icon.
- Provide comments and suggestions in the Question Feedback field.
- Click Preview to view your question.
- Click Save to return to the main page, click Save and Copy to save and create another LIK question that retains the copied properties, or click Save and New to continue creating new LIK questions.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Question Library basics
- Question types
- Understanding regular expressions
- Creating true or false questions
- Creating multiple choice questions
- Creating multi-select questions
- Creating long answer questions
- Creating short answer questions
- Creating multi-short answer questions
- Creating fill in the blanks questions
- Creating matching questions
- Creating ordering questions
- Creating arithmetic questions
- Creating significant figures questions
- Creating Likert questions
- Creating text information
- Creating image information