Create survey sections to organize your questions into folders. You can do this in the Question Library or while creating a survey. Both of these areas are identical in functionality: one creates folders within the Question Library, while the other creates folders within a survey.
You can also import sections from the Question Library directly into a quiz, survey, or self assessment. Importing a section transfers the section folder and any properties associated with the section (section name, messages, images, or feedback). You can still import all of the questions within a section separate from the section itself by creating the section within a quiz and clicking Add/Edit Questions.
Note Although you can create subsections within sections, we recommend you keep question organization simple and intuitive.
Create a section in surveys
- On the Manage Surveys page, click on the survey you want to create a section for.
- In the Properties tab, click Add/Edit Questions.
- Click New, then select Section.
- Enter a Section Name.
- Enter a Message. You can choose to display this message to users at the beginning of the section or repeat it before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Enter Private Comments. These comments are for your personal use and view only.
- Click Add a File and select the image you want to use. You can choose to display this image at the beginning of the section or repeat it before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Set your Display Options:
- show section name Displays the section name in surveys that contain this section.
- insert a line break after section name Inserts extra space below the section name.
- display message and image
- Select display section message and image once to display these items once at the beginning of the section.
- Select repeat section message and image before each question to repeat both the message and image before each question in the section.
- Click Expand section feedback to enter section feedback and comments.
- Click Save.
Note Managing survey sections (renaming, reordering, publishing, deleting) is similar to managing survey questions.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Surveys basics
- Using Surveys
- Accessing Question Library
- Creating survey questions
- Creating surveys
- Creating survey sections
- Editing surveys
- Copying surveys
- Previewing surveys
- Reordering surveys
- Deleting surveys
- Creating survey categories
- Editing a survey category
- Reordering survey categories
- Deleting a survey category
- Setting survey branching
- Associating surveys with learning objectives
- Managing survey questions and sections
- Viewing surveys