Grade users by assigning a grade scheme level that is equivalent to a percentage grade range. You cannot create selectbox grade items if you do not have at least one grade scheme for the course.
Create a selectbox grade item
- On the Manage Grades page, click Item from the New button.
- Click Selectbox.
- Enter a Name for the grade item.
- You can enter a Short Name to display in the grade book.
- If you want the grade item associated with a category, select a category from the Category drop-down list or click New Category.
- Enter a Description of the grade item. If you want to make the description available to users, select Allow users to view grade item description.
- Enter the value you want the item to contribute towards the final grade in the Weight field for the weighted system or the Max. Points field for the points or formula system.
- Select the Bonus check box if you want the item counted as a bonus item.
Note Bonus items are not counted towards the maximum points for a category or final grade. If available, you must select the Can Exceed check box, and the Bonus check box to allow users’ grades to exceed the maximum points specified.
- If you are using the points system, you may also choose the Exclude from Final Grade Calculation option, if applicable. If you are using the weighted system you can accomplish the same results by setting the weight to 0%.
- Select a Grade Scheme to associate with the item.
- You can click Add Rubric to add a rubric, or click the Create Rubric in New Window link to create a new rubric.
- Select Display Options.
- Click Save and Close.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Finding my grades
- Creating a grade book
- Creating grade items and grade book categories
- Managing grade items and grade book categories
- Managing grade schemes
- Managing users’ grades
- Managing final grades
- Changing Grades settings and display options