You can notify students when updating or changing a topic in Content. They receive an Update alert notification in their minibar; clicking the alert brings them to the updated topic.
Notify students about updated course content
- Locate the topic on the Table of Contents page, or click on its module from the Table of Contents panel.
- Click on the topic you want to update.
- Click Edit HTML or Change File from the topic’s context menu.
- Make your changes, then select the Notify students that the content has changed check box.
- You can Add a summary of the changes to indicate to students what has changed since the update.
- Select the Reset completion tracking check box if you want to ensure students revisit the topic to complete the activity.
- Click Update.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Content basics
- Creating course content
- Managing and updating course content
- Content display settings
- Changing a module or topic status to Draft or Published in Content
- Notifying students about updated course content
- Editing a module or topic’s title in Content
- Bulk editing modules and topics in Content
- Moving or reordering a module or topic in Content
- Deleting modules or topics in Content
- Adding or editing availability and due dates in Content
- Adding or editing release conditions in Content
- Associating topics with learning objectives in Content
- Adding an existing course object (activity) to Content
- Using SCORM in Content
- Tracking content completion and participation