You can change how course content appears in the Content tool by selecting your viewing preferences in the Content Settings area.
Manage Content settings
Click Settings in the Content tool. From here, you can do the following:
- Set how content is arranged in the module view by selecting from the Content Arrangement drop-down list. See Arranging content by “Content Type” for more information.
- Show or hide the collapsible content browser and navigation buttons in the content viewer by checking or clearing the Show navigation in the Content Viewer check box.
- Select Enable HTML Templates to make them available when creating content. See Using HTML document templates in Content for more information.
- Set your default font settings from the Default Font Settings drop-down list.
- Select the Automatically update files with the same file name check box from the Drag and Drop Upload section if you want to automatically overwrite a module’s existing content each time you drag and drop files of the same name and file type into the same module.
- Set the default completion tracking method from the Default Completion Status drop-down list.
Once you finish customizing your Content settings, click Save.
Arranging content by “Content Type”
If you select to arrange course content by Content Type from the Content Arrangement drop-down list, each module will appear in the following content type groups:
- Materials (Uploaded files, course files, new documents, and links.)
- Modules (Sub-modules. Topics within sub-modules only appear arranged by Content Type once you navigate into the sub-module.)
- General (External Learning Tools.)
- Self Assessments
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Content basics
- Creating course content
- Managing and updating course content
- Content display settings
- Changing a module or topic status to Draft or Published in Content
- Notifying students about updated course content
- Editing a module or topic’s title in Content
- Bulk editing modules and topics in Content
- Moving or reordering a module or topic in Content
- Deleting modules or topics in Content
- Adding or editing availability and due dates in Content
- Adding or editing release conditions in Content
- Associating topics with learning objectives in Content
- Adding an existing course object (activity) to Content
- Using SCORM in Content
- Tracking content completion and participation