Browse your Manage Files area to create topics from existing files. You can use the following types of files as topics:
Extension File Type HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML Web Document RTF, PPT, PPS, PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPTX, XML, XLS, TXT, WPD Text Document JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF Image SWF, MPG, MPEG, RM, MP3, MP4*, M4V*, M4A*, AVI, WAV, RAM, ASF, MOV, RA Media
You can also upload all of these file formats from your desktop directly into the Content tool.
- For web documents, Pilot strips the tag and text within that tag from user created web documents.
- You can use WMA and WMV files for topics, but they’re not recommended, as users who access them through Firefox require a plug-in for them, and the plug-in does not guarantee the file plays for them. You can download the plug-in here: http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download
- *The extensions MP4, M4V, and M4A are new. These extensions allow users to drag entire albums, Video Podcasts, and movies from iTunes.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Content basics
- Creating course content
- Understanding the organization of Content
- Creating modules and sub-modules in Content
- Creating a new topic in Content
- Adding and uploading course files as new Content topics
- Creating and arranging your course content using drag and drop
- Using HTML document templates in Content
- Restricted file extensions
- Managing and updating course content
- Using SCORM in Content
- Tracking content completion and participation