When you create a new category with Set up discussion areas selected, you are automatically taken to the Create Restricted Discussion Areas page. On this page, you can create a separate topic for each group within an existing or new forum.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an existing Forum from the drop-down list.
- Click the New Forum link to create a new forum for the category. See Creating discussion forums and topics for more information.
- Click Add Another if you want to add more than one discussion forum, then repeat step 1.
- Click Create and Next when finished.
Note Click Skip to go to the next page in the groups setup process without creating any restricted discussion areas.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Groups basics
- Managing groups and group categories
- Creating a group category
- Creating group restricted discussion areas
- Creating group restricted dropbox folders
- Creating group restricted locker areas
- Creating a group
- Creating a new group after enrolling users
- Advanced properties and additional options when setting up groups
- Editing groups and group categories
- Deleting groups and group categories
- Managing group enrollments