Before setting up groups you should know how you want to organize them. A number of things can affect how users enroll in groups, including:
- Setting groups up before or after you enrolled users.
- Enabling auto-enrollment in groups.
- Enabling randomization of users in groups.
- Enabling self-enrollment in groups.
- The Enrollment Type you choose.
Tip In most cases it is better to set up groups after the majority of users enroll in your course. This gives you a better idea of how many users you are organizing and how many groups you need. Setting up groups after enrollment can also ensure better distribution of users between groups.
Important In order for users to be enrolled in groups automatically, Can be auto enrolled into groups must be enabled.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.