Special access permissions allow you to set different availability dates and times for specific users. For example, you could extend the deadline for users who require remedial help or who are submitting work beyond the original scope of the dropbox folder. You can also add special access after a dropbox folder’s end date has past for users who have a legitimate excuse for missing the deadline or for users you want to submit additional material, such as planning notes or a bibliography.
Add special access permissions to a dropbox folder
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click Edit from the context menu of the folder to which you want to add special access permissions.
- In the Restrictions tab, select one of the following:
- Allow users with special access to submit files outside the normal availability dates for this folder.
- Allow only users with special access to see this folder.
- Click Add Users to Special Access.
- On the Special Access page, select the Date Availability you want special access users to have.
- Use the View By option and Search For field to locate the users you want to give special access to.
- Select the check box beside each appropriate user’s name.
- Click Save.
Once you have added special access permissions for users they are listed in the Special Access section. You can edit or delete users’ special access by clicking the Edit or Remove special access icons beside their names.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Desire2Learn Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- Dropbox basics
- Creating and managing Dropbox
- Creating dropbox categories
- Creating dropbox folders
- Managing dropbox folder submission handling
- Setting dropbox folder availability and due dates
- Setting release conditions for a dropbox folder
- Adding special access permissions to a dropbox folder
- Editing dropbox categories and folders
- Reordering dropbox categories and folders
- Deleting dropbox categories and folders
- Restoring deleted dropbox folders
- Viewing the Dropbox event log
- Associating dropbox folders with learning objectives
- Previewing dropbox folders and submissions
- Evaluating dropbox folder submissions